Great River Road, 2016

1910 Postcard with Labeled Buildings of the Exteriror of the Donk Brothers Mine no. 2

Citation

“1910 Postcard with Labeled Buildings of the Exteriror of the Donk Brothers Mine no. 2,” Madison Historical, accessed June 16, 2024, https://madison-historical.siue.edu/archive/items/show/2115.

Rights

The content of Madison Historical: The Online Encyclopedia and Digital Archive is publicly available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Encyclopedia articles, oral histories, web design, and other content original to Madison Historical are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Images in encyclopedia articles not part of the digital archive are either in the public domain or Madison Historical received use permission by the original creators. While in most cases Madison Historical received permission to publish archive items from the institution or individual who possessed the item, it has not determined their copyright status. Please contact the possessing institution or individual for additional information regarding copyright status.

Description

This is a postcard with individual buildings labeled of the exteriror of the Donk Brothers Mine no. 2 site. The mine was in operation from 1902 to 1925. The Poscard image was taken in March of 1910.

Subjects

  • Maryville
  • mine
  • mining
  • Donk Brothers

Date

circa 1910s - 1920s

Relevant Encyclopedia Article

Language

English

Type

  • Photograph

Format

  • Black and white postcard
  • jpg

Coverage

  • Maryville, Illinois
  • 1910s

Identifier

  • MHM-P-0004
We are always committed to accuracy in our articles and archive items. If you notice a mistake or have a suggestion, please contact us.