Great River Road, 2016

1958 Photograph of Chinatown Lake now known as Maryville Fishing Club Lake


“1958 Photograph of Chinatown Lake now known as Maryville Fishing Club Lake,” Madison Historical, accessed April 15, 2024,


The content of Madison Historical: The Online Encyclopedia and Digital Archive is publicly available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Encyclopedia articles, oral histories, web design, and other content original to Madison Historical are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Images in encyclopedia articles not part of the digital archive are either in the public domain or Madison Historical received use permission by the original creators. While in most cases Madison Historical received permission to publish archive items from the institution or individual who possessed the item, it has not determined their copyright status. Please contact the possessing institution or individual for additional information regarding copyright status.


This is a color photograph taken in June of 1958 of the Pond that runs alongside Parkview Street in Maryville, Illinois. The pond is now known as the "Maryville Fishing Club Lake" inside Drost Park. It originally ran alongside the St. Louis Troy and Eastern Railroad line and Parkview Street known as Chinatown road at the turn of the century. The Pond is located across the street from Donk Company housing known as "Chinatown" which consisted of 41 housing lots.


  • Maryville
  • mining
  • Donk Brothers



Relevant Encyclopedia Article


  • Photograph


  • Black and white photographic print
  • jpg


  • Maryville, Illinois
  • 1950s


  • MHM-P-0009
We are always committed to accuracy in our articles and archive items. If you notice a mistake or have a suggestion, please contact us.