Horseshoe Lake, 2016

1910 Postcard Displaying Buildings of the Exteriror of the Donk Brothers Mine no. 2


“1910 Postcard Displaying Buildings of the Exteriror of the Donk Brothers Mine no. 2,” Madison Historical, accessed June 16, 2024,


The content of Madison Historical: The Online Encyclopedia and Digital Archive is publicly available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Encyclopedia articles, oral histories, web design, and other content original to Madison Historical are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Images in encyclopedia articles not part of the digital archive are either in the public domain or Madison Historical received use permission by the original creators. While in most cases Madison Historical received permission to publish archive items from the institution or individual who possessed the item, it has not determined their copyright status. Please contact the possessing institution or individual for additional information regarding copyright status.


This is a postcard displaying a series of Donk Mine outbuildings and the exterior of the Donk Brothers mine no. 2 site. The mine was in operation from 1902 to 1925. The Postcard image was taken in March of 1910.


  • Maryville
  • mining
  • Donk Brothers



Relevant Encyclopedia Article


  • Photograph


  • Black and white photographic print
  • jpg


  • Maryville, Illinois
  • 1950s


  • MHM-P-0012
We are always committed to accuracy in our articles and archive items. If you notice a mistake or have a suggestion, please contact us.