Maryville Mining Collection (15 total)
This collection contains photographs and documents related to the mining history of Maryville, most of them related to the Donk Bros. Mining Company. The items were digitized at the Maryville Heritage Museum and copies were donated to Madison Historical.
- Collection: Maryville Mining Collection
|Group Photograph of Miners in Uniforms in Front of Equipment||This is a black and white staged group photograph of miners posing in front of mining equipment with lunch pails and light-able miners caps on.||circa 1920s||November 13, 2019|
|Hole From Mining Trash Dump from the Donk Brothers Mine no. 2||This is a black and white photograph of a mining trash dump at the Donk Brothers Mine no. 2. The railroad is visible on the left, with a locomotive pulling a series of coal cars. In the center of the image a group of men and women are present seen standing around the pit.||circa 1920s||November 13, 2019|
|High School Senior Louis Neptune in Coal Miner Baseball Uniform||This is a black and white photograph of high school senior Louis Neptune in a coal miner baseball uniform||circa 1930s||November 13, 2019|
|1942 Photograph of the Remains of Donk Brothers Mine, concrete||This is a black and white 1942 photograph of the concrete remains of the Donk Brothers Mine no. 2.||1942||November 13, 2019|
|1958 Photograph of Chinatown Lake now known as Maryville Fishing Club Lake||This is a color photograph taken in June of 1958 of the Pond that runs alongside Parkview Street in Maryville, Illinois. The pond is now known as the "Maryville Fishing Club Lake" inside Drost Park. It originally ran alongside the St. Louis Troy and Eastern Railroad line and Parkview Street known as Chinatown road at the turn of the century. The Pond is located across the street from Donk Company housing known as "Chinatown" which consisted of 41 housing lots.||1958||November 13, 2019|