Horseshoe Lake, 2016

Peters Train Station in Glen Carbon

Citation

“Peters Train Station in Glen Carbon ,” Madison Historical, accessed March 1, 2024, https://madison-historical.siue.edu/archive/items/show/390.

Rights

The content of Madison Historical: The Online Encyclopedia and Digital Archive is publicly available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Encyclopedia articles, oral histories, web design, and other content original to Madison Historical are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Images in encyclopedia articles not part of the digital archive are either in the public domain or Madison Historical received use permission by the original creators. While in most cases Madison Historical received permission to publish archive items from the institution or individual who possessed the item, it has not determined their copyright status. Please contact the possessing institution or individual for additional information regarding copyright status.

Description

Peters Train Station before 1913. These buildings were located between the tracks just west of Illinois Route 157. Gottieb Schumachers store is in the background, presently Judy’s Inn Tavern. The building attached is the freight house that is used for unclaimed freight.

Date

Before 1913

Relevant Encyclopedia Article

Type

  • Photograph

Format

  • Black and white photographic print

Identifier

  • GCHM-P-0118
  • Original archive: 04-08-001
We are always committed to accuracy in our articles and archive items. If you notice a mistake or have a suggestion, please contact us.