Great River Road, 2016

Clover Leaf Train Station at Glen Carbon

Citation

“Clover Leaf Train Station at Glen Carbon,” Madison Historical, accessed April 15, 2024, https://madison-historical.siue.edu/archive/items/show/384.

Rights

The content of Madison Historical: The Online Encyclopedia and Digital Archive is publicly available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Encyclopedia articles, oral histories, web design, and other content original to Madison Historical are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Images in encyclopedia articles not part of the digital archive are either in the public domain or Madison Historical received use permission by the original creators. While in most cases Madison Historical received permission to publish archive items from the institution or individual who possessed the item, it has not determined their copyright status. Please contact the possessing institution or individual for additional information regarding copyright status.

Description

This station was located east of Meridian Road between the tracks just north of Miner Park. The Clover Leaf later became the Nickel Plate Railroad. J. F. Dickman was the railroad agent. Coal mine No. 1 is at the far right. A brick structure of the mine is now occupied as a residence. Meridian road is on the far left.

Date

January 1900

Relevant Encyclopedia Article

Type

  • Photograph

Identifier

  • GCHM-P-0117
  • Original archive: 04-07-002
We are always committed to accuracy in our articles and archive items. If you notice a mistake or have a suggestion, please contact us.