Maryville Mining Collection (15 total)
This collection contains photographs and documents related to the mining history of Maryville, most of them related to the Donk Bros. Mining Company. The items were digitized at the Maryville Heritage Museum and copies were donated to Madison Historical.
- Collection: Maryville Mining Collection
|1958 Photograph of Chinatown Lake now known as Maryville Fishing Club Lake||This is a color photograph taken in June of 1958 of the Pond that runs alongside Parkview Street in Maryville, Illinois. The pond is now known as the "Maryville Fishing Club Lake" inside Drost Park. It originally ran alongside the St. Louis Troy and Eastern Railroad line and Parkview Street known as Chinatown road at the turn of the century. The Pond is located across the street from Donk Company housing known as "Chinatown" which consisted of 41 housing lots.||1958||November 13, 2019|
|1942 Photograph of the Remains of Donk Brothers Mine, concrete||This is a black and white 1942 photograph of the concrete remains of the Donk Brothers Mine no. 2.||1942||November 13, 2019|
|1915 First Annual Picnic of the Maryville Chapter of the International Hod Carriers Union||This is a black and white panoramic group image of the "First Annual Picnic" of the Maryville, Il local chapter of the International Hod Carriers Union which took place September, 6th of 1915. The miners are werearing suits with ties and have ribbons pinned onto the left side of their chests. The chapter number is listed as 1802 on the front of the image. On the top left corner of the photograph is written "Photo By Idoux Schnieder Center Bldg St. Louis." Miners in the top right corner are holding a "United Mine Workers of America" banner with their local chapter information running across the top of the banner.||1915||November 13, 2019|
|1910 Postcard with Labeled Buildings of the Exteriror of the Donk Brothers Mine no. 2||This is a postcard with individual buildings labeled of the exteriror of the Donk Brothers Mine no. 2 site. The mine was in operation from 1902 to 1925. The Poscard image was taken in March of 1910.||circa 1910s - 1920s||November 13, 2019|
|1910 Postcard Displaying Buildings of the Exteriror of the Donk Brothers Mine no. 2||This is a postcard displaying a series of Donk Mine outbuildings and the exterior of the Donk Brothers mine no. 2 site. The mine was in operation from 1902 to 1925. The Postcard image was taken in March of 1910.||1910||November 13, 2019|